Moisture is the biggest factor when it comes to mould growth.
If there is no moisture, there is no way for the mould to grow, even if the other favourable conditions for mould growth are present.
You have to remove moisture from your home to get rid of the mould permanently.
The other factors (warmth, spores, and nutrients) are harder to control. Different species of mould require different factors.
Some may need higher temperatures, some lower; some require light, whereas some can grow in darkness.
However, all species of mould always need one factor to be present: which is moisture.
Dehumidifiers help control moisture indoors
Mould requires the presence of a considerable amount of moisture for growth. An RH (relative humidity) level of 70% and above (for extended periods of time) encourages mould to grow.
By lowering indoor humidity levels and controlling them, you can prevent moisture buildup in your home, therefore preventing mould from growing.
The most effective, quick, and easy way to control moisture indoors is with a dehumidifier, which will remove excess moisture down to a certain humidity level and maintain it to that level.
A relative humidity (RH) level of 60% indoors and below is good. At this level, there will not be enough water in the air for mould to grow.