The first signs of spring are in the air, and it’s now time to shake up your diet with some healthy fruits and vegetables and of course, juice!
As a juice enthusiast myself, I understand how hard it is to juice on daily basis. So here are three of my personal favourite healthy juice recipes that not only taste great but are effortless to make as well.
There are many beautiful fruits and vegetables in season this spring: apples, oranges, papaya, tangelo, strawberries and grapefruit. Use these in all your juices – because they’re in season, they’re not only cheap but fresh, too.
I use my Juicepresso cold press juicer at home almost every day. Some tips if you have a Juicepresso or a cold press juicer like I do:
- Cut up your fruits and vegetables into smaller pieces
- Interchange citrus fruits with high fibre vegetables to reduce chute blockage. This is true for all cold press juicers
- Pour water through the feeding chute and switch the Juicepresso on to clean it between different juice recipes
The beet kickstart
Ingredients (serves 1)
1 beetroot (leaves and stem removed)
1. Wash all fruits and vegetables thoroughly, cut into appropriate pieces for your juicer.
2. Put the beetroot through the extractor first, followed by the carrot, orange, apple and strawberries.
3. Give the juice extraction a quick stir and pour into a glass to serve.
Detox support juice
Ingredients (Serves 2)
4 large carrots
4 celery sticks (with leaves attached)
½ beetroot (scrubbed)
6 sprigs of fresh continental parsley
4cm piece of fresh ginger (unpeeled)
1. Wash the vegetables thoroughly and cut the ends of the carrots.
2. Chop the vegetables into appropriate pieces for your juicer.
3. Put the carrot through the juice extractor first, followed by the celery, beetroot, parsley and ginger.
4. Give the extraction a quick stir and pour into two glasses.
Body pump juice
This green delight is a great snack before your run or workout at the gym, packed with iron and vitamin C.
Ingredients (serves 1)
4 spinach leaves
4 florets of broccoli
1. Clean all the fruits and vegetables thoroughly and cut the leaves off the strawberries.
2. Chop the fruits and vegetables into appropriate-sized pieces for your juicer.
3. Put the oranges through the juicer first, followed by the spinach leaves and strawberries put in together and then lastly the broccoli.
4. Give the juice a brisk stir and pour into a serving glass. You should also have enough leftover for two more workouts during the week.