For frequent users, gunk may begin to build up on the wall of the juicer, which indicates that there are bits of leftover food and juice that are starting to rot and decay. It’s not only an unsightly build up, but also a health concern as bacteria can grow on it.
Luckily, removing the build up is easy. Here are our tips and tricks on how to really clean your juicer and remove any gunk from all the nooks and crannies.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A soft brush
- A nail brush or toothbrush
- Mild dishwashing detergent
- Clean, soft cloths
How to begin:
- Unplug your juicer from the main power point
- Disassemble the juicer bowl completely
- Remove any pulp from the juicer and scrape it out with a spatula
- Rinse each juicer piece under running water
- Use your brush to clean all areas. For the smaller nooks and crannies, use a small brush or nail brush
- If there is buildup left in the juicer, soak each piece in a sink or large bowl filled with water and some dishwashing detergent
- For the mesh strainer, pay special attention not to let any juice particles or pulp dry up, as these will get stuck and be difficult to remove. Use a soft toothbrush to gently scrub the mesh screen clean.
- For the machine itself, use a soft cloth to wipe it down.
- Leave all the pieces on a drying rack or clean towel to dry completely.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Clean your juicer right after juicing. It should only take 2-5 minutes, and makes a huge difference as fresh juice and pulp is a lot easier to wash away than when left to dry up.
- Pour a jug of water through the juicer after juicing. This can help to remove leftover juice and pulp in the juicer and make washing up easier.
- If you use your juicer a few times a day, it will only need to be cleaned after the last juicing. For the time in between, soak the pieces in water or wrap them in plastic wrap and place them in the refrigerator.
We hope the tips above have helped you find an easier method of cleaning your juicer. If you have any questions at all about your LifeSpring Slow Juicer, feel free to contact us or email email@example.com