We all know that adding some houseplants is a simple and quick way to improve the look and feel of a room, but did you know that it can also improve your health?
According to studies by NASA, certain plants can filter out dangerous airborne compounds in homes that are associated with respiratory illnesses, cancer, and other ailments.
We found a detailed infographic that shows you what noxious gases are actually polluting your home and which specific plants can combat them!
The plants mentioned below helps to filter out noxious gases which can build over time, namely:
- Benzene – caused by glues, paints, furniture wax, and detergents
- Formaldehyde – caused by emissions, disinfectants, or preservatives in consumer products
- Trichloroethylene – found particularly in homes undergoing renovation
- Xylene and toluene – found in a variety of household and consumer products, such as household cleaners
- Ammonia – found in aerosols and sprays used in the home
While the plants do not filter out other contaminants such as dust, hair, pet dander, viruses and bacteria, they are certainly a great complement to air purifiers that do.
Check out the cool infographic below and improve your home indoor air quality quickly today 🙂
Image Source: Barratt Homes
Have something to add to this story? Tell us in the comments section below!