Condensation, Humidity and Mould…… Is your Home at Risk.

Condensation, Humidity and Mould…… Is your Home at Risk.


by Josephine Gan

Well it seems that winter is definitely upon us. It’s the season of extra hot showers, warm cosy blankets and my personal favourite, hot chocolates. Yet, the constant onslaught of rain and humidity also creates the perfect season for moisture to invade our homes, turning our places of comfort into the perfect breeding ground for condensation and mould.

Especially in some otherwise beautiful older apartments, this moisture can become a real problem. We have all been there, walked into a room with a musty smell or noticed some unwelcome moisture on window sills, walls and ceilings “especially in the bathroom” or as a nasty surprise at the back of a seldom-used cupboard where we might have stored treasured possessions.

As if it’s not bad enough that this condensation can damage fabrics, discolour paint and wallpaper, stain floorboards and damage irreplaceable and cherished possessions; it still gets worse, because now your house is the perfect breeding ground for mould spores to flourish and take claim.

‘Mould’ is what we call the microbial fungus that grows filaments (called hyphae) that forms that transparent web of fine threads. It often only becomes noticeable when it fruits, recognised by many of us as that nasty black powdery substance that stains walls and fabrics, and gives our homes that choking musty smell that doesn’t go away just by opening a window. And while mould is present in unnoticeable quantities in every home, it’s when spores are present in sufficient concentrations that it can cause health concerns like allergic reactions or respiratory ailments. And some particularly nasty moulds produce mycotoxins that some studies claim might even be responsible for neurological problems. It might even be responsible for some deaths.

While the spores in one person’s home might not seem to affect them personally, prolonged exposure could increase risk of harm: infants, young children, the elderly, and pets can be the most at risk.

So how do you protect your home, family, and belongings from a runaway case of mould? You don’t need to move houses, or have the expensive heater (or even worse, the air conditioner) running non-stop. The answer is really quite simple: moulds need moisture to grow and thrive. So a desiccant dehumidifier can help you fight the problem before it ever sets in.

Desiccant dehumidifiers such Andatech’s Ionmax ION612 desiccant dehumidifier help to control the humidity in your home and efficiently keep moisture at bay.

The ION612 is a high performance desiccant rotor dehumidifier, which means it cleans and purifies a constant flow of air, killing moulds and bacteria any time of the day or night for as long as it’s switched on.
It works at any temperature so you can let it work throughout the day when you’re out, and not have to switch it off just because you’ve come back home and turned the heater on.
It’s so quiet you can put the Ionmax to work in the same room as a sleeping baby. Its design is portable and lightweight so you can move it wherever you need to. It’s energy-efficient so it’s better for your family budget. And unlike some lower-quality units on the market, the ION612 will not fill your home with harmful gases. It’s the easy solution to clean and hygienic air for you and your family.

It’s no wonder that Andatech’s Ionmax ION612 is fast becoming a top choice among discerning buyers. Find out more today and you too can start breathing better tomorrow. After all, ridding your home of unwelcome moisture and mould is a breath of fresh air.

To rid your home of unwelcome bacteria or to  find out more information on desiccant dehumidifiers, take a look below:


Josephine Gan

As our Customer Service Manager, Josephine has a great understanding of people- which is not surprising, given that her major is in Psychology. She is able to transfer her friendly demeanour into our safety and support related posts for our products and services.


Leave a comment


Please note, comments must be approved before they are published